Fitzpatrick Referral's “dream team” of globally recognised experts in Oncology, Soft Tissue and Nursing together with Founder and Managing Director Professor Noel “Supervet” Fitzpatrick, have redefined cancer treatment and care for small animals.
The cancer hospital for animals has treated over one thousand patients in its first year. These highlights are testiment to their continued success:
- Launch of the Fitzpatrick Learning Academy Skills Lab as part of the goal to create a learning centre to teach, share and advance veterinary surgery and medicine
- Global recognition with key visits and tours for opinion leaders and interested parties from as far afield as Japan, Brazil, USA, Canada and Europe
- Meetings, collaboration and the sharing of expertise with human and radiation oncologists at The Royal Marsden, St Luke’s Hospital, The Royal Surrey Hospital and researchers in human oncology nationally
- Conducting cross-over research e.g. collaborating on refining a surgical device by treating animal cancer patients ahead of global launch for human patients
- Contributing to future cancer research through the planned creation of an animal bio archive of cancer specimens and tissues
- C-Arm Fluroscope installed which has allowed the creation of a stenting programme for use in life threatening conditions and a C-Arm Fluroscope to start interventional oncology treatments
- International Cat Care award for the hospital with Gold Cat Friendly Clinic status.